What is hardening?
Hardening of the human body is a series of activities aimed at increasing its resistance and resistance to environmental factors. An increase in the body’s resistance can be obtained through the rational and meaningful use of the means of nature: the sun, air and water are our best friends. By training, thus, the thermoregulation of the body, we strengthen health and immunity, increasing its resistance to respiratory diseases, hypothermia, we teach it to painlessly endure sudden temperature fluctuations. Agree it’s nice not to be afraid of the vagaries of nature, calmly endure the frost and feel just as comfortable in the sultry heat. Competent hardening stimulates mental activity, increases muscle tone and helps you to fatigue and feel refreshed during the day. Hardening disciplines and helps the harmonious development of the personality.
Basic principles and rules of hardening
- Age characteristics and well-being . The hardening of babies, as well as the hardening of girls and the elderly, requires careful preparation and special attention. This is primarily due to the immune system and the body’s efficiency to adequately respond to stress. In case of painful conditions, temperature, and poor health, hardening is strictly prohibited.
- Gradual. To complicate the methods of hardening and to increase the force of influence on the body should be systematically, from softer means to more aggressive ones. Such hardening will be beneficial and not harm your body. An effective method of increasing the difficulty of hardening will be to reduce the temperature of the water with a short exposure time to the body. Then you can gradually increase the exposure time.
- Regularity . A very important rule for training our body through hardening. Water procedures are best done every day, but at least every other day. With such a schedule, the effect of water hardening will be maximum. If for some reason you had to interrupt for a while, the trained reflexes gradually fade. Accordingly, the load level of hardening procedures after a break should be less than in the last lesson (before a break), and then gradually increase again.
- Dosage of hardening procedures load and self-control . Particular attention should be paid to well-being, appetite level, sleep quality, emotional background. If there are no failures and violations, the load is selected correctly. Self-control will make water hardening an effective and efficient tool.
How to increase the buff from hardening?
Hardening procedures coupled with physical activity, balanced nutrition and daily regimen can really work wonders for our body. They will help to avoid problems with excess weight, fill you with joy, and you will find harmony. It is also possible to increase the positive effect of hardening by combining hardening agents: air and sun baths, dousing, etc. The more varied the means of hardening, the more systems in our body are positively affected.
Basic water hardening methods
- Rubdown . The softest aqua procedure. Suitable for beginners. It is carried out with a thick cotton cloth (avoid synthetics) or a sponge dipped in water. The water temperature should not be lower than 18-20 degrees. Then you should gradually reduce the temperature of the water, to the temperature of the running water from the tap. This usually takes 2-3 weeks. Wipe down should be done from top to bottom. Rubdown is performed for 4-6 minutes until the skin is reddened and a feeling of warmth arises.
- Pouring . The dousing should be done in the following order: head, neck, then shoulders, then other parts of the body. The water temperature for pouring is 30 degrees. The temperature should be lowered evenly by 1 degree after 1 or 2 days (listen to your own feelings). Then the temperature drops to the temperature of tap water. The duration of the procedure together with subsequent rubbing is 3-4 minutes.
- Shower . Depending on the intensity of water exposure, a dust shower, rain shower and a needle shower are distinguished. The temperature should be lowered according to the same scheme as when pouring. The procedure time is gradually increased from 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes.
- Baths . The scheme of the procedure is identical to that described above (for a shower). The effect can be increased by adding sea salts, aromatic oils, and medicinal herbs to the baths.
- Swimming in the pool . In addition to the beneficial properties of hardening and changing the thermoregulation of the body in the aquatic environment, swimming combines physical activity and physical activity, which effectively affects the strengthening of the body as a whole.
- Swimming in a natural body of water. The hardening effect is enhanced by exposure to cold, wind and sunlight. The duration depends on the level of fitness.
- Winter swimming . Requires serious preparation. The most extreme hardening method. Winter swimming has a huge number of contraindications, many of which are epilepsy, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, glaucoma, asthma, hepatitis, gastric ulcer and others.
- Contrast water hardening . Contrast water quenching is a type of water quenching, using alternating cool and warm water. The methods of contrasting aqua hardening include: pouring water at a contrasting temperature, a contrast shower, alternating swimming in reservoirs with a contrasting temperature, a combination of a warm shower with swimming in an ice hole. Contrast hardening is only suitable for trained people.